System Test Automation Lead, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Building8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook’s mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building8 seeks a System Test Automation Lead who will evaluate existing automation frameworks, enhance these for Building8 product teams and build new automation frameworks, when needed.
- Design, build/modify, and deploy scalable automated test platforms and modules.
- Design and implement automated test modules for system level, functional, and burn-in testing.
- Support test development for new and existing products.
- Use learnings to define test automation strategy for new products and work with our partners to implement new tests.
- Collaborate with Software, Product and hardware teams to gather product specifications and requirements and to build production validation strategies.
- Interface with Dev Infrastructure teams to build frameworks that link various development tools.
- Manage the implementation and execution schedule with internal and external partners.
- Present status and findings to peers and the leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in test automation and frameworks.
- Knowledge of object oriented programming, design, and analysis.
- Experience operating in Linux/Unix environments with knowledge of networking.
- Ability to code in Python, Ruby, C++, Java, and/or PHP.
- Scripting skills in Bash and Perl.
- Experience using version control such as Git.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, open source test frameworks (Autotest, JUnit, or similar).
- Track record of working with Development Engineering and other functions
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top