System Test Automation Engineer, Portal
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Portal team brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world.
The Portal Quality Assurance team is responsible for ensuring the launch of high quality products and experiences, through system test architecture, building automation and infrastructure, AI data collection, and driving beta testing. The team seeks an Automation Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing reliable and scalable automation solutions using out of box thinking, delivering high quality consumer electronics user experiences. The right candidate will possess a strong hands-on automation technical background and is passionate about SW quality, has demonstrated strong capability in building test automation frameworks, components and test fixtures. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Design, build, and maintain test automation solutions that are robust and scalable
- Deliver device automation, including developing, triaging, and maintaining tests
- Be the advocate for testability, drive best engineering practices and defect prevention
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams to define automation solution for new features
- 2+ years of experience in an automation development role
- Experience with various tools or infrastructure used in automation
- Experience in Android, Python, C++, or Java development
- Experience on iOS UI testing automation (XCTest/XCUITest)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience building and launching consumer electronics products
- Understanding of QA methodologies & practices
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver
Back to top