System Software Engineer, Portal, University Grad
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a Kernel Software Engineer who possesses an understanding of both hardware and the Linux kernel.
- Design, develop and test kernel sub-systems and device drivers.
- Work closely with the System Engineering, Hardware, and QA teams in addition to our manufacturing partners.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews for the Software team.
- Participate in reviews of block diagrams and schematics with the Hardware team.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in kernel development for consumer electronics product.
- 2+ years of experience in Linux kernel.
- JTAG debugging experience.
- Experience with Android Frameworks and Applications.
Back to top