System Software Engineer - Concept Engineering
The AR/VR Oculus Concept team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VR's potential to change the world is immense-and we're just getting started.
The AR/VR Oculus Concept Engineering team within the Augmented Reality product team that actively participates in concept development and design ideation of cutting-edge technologies. The team is responsible for rapidly building and iterating polished high-fidelity prototypes and development platforms that bring new ideas to life by expressing design intent and user experience - using the best and most appropriate tools and techniques for the task. While we want these prototypes to be optimized for speed, the hardware and software should be designed with the ultimate goal of mass production. These prototypes and development platforms will be used to prove and sell concepts through establishing end-user value to development teams and leadership; additionally, they would be used in testing and data collection in support of hardware technology and computer vision algorithm development.
We are seeking a System Software Engineer who has a passion for working across disciplines to turn early cutting-edge concepts and technologies into reality. You will be responsible for the architecture and design of software that will drive new concepts and technologies.
SYSTEM SOFTWARE ENGINEER - CONCEPT ENGINEERING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ownership of system software design for hardware prototype projects and development platforms
- Collaborate in a team environment across engineering disciplines
- Experimenting with and implementing interfaces to various sensors and software components
- Developing framework-centric software to enhance algorithm development and integration
- Devising and implementing low-latency network interface protocols
- Work closely with various core tech teams and other organizations to define prototyping scope and applications towards various technology roadmaps and products
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years experience with system software design and development
- Experience with protocol design, specification, and implementation
- Experience debugging and problem-solving in unfamiliar code bases and environments
- Experience with low-level (kernel/drivers/HAL), as well as user-space system software
- Experience with software framework design for rapid prototyping
- Experience with multimedia (video/audio) use cases
- Experience with Embedded Linux/Android system software
- Experience with ARM based processors and micro-controllers and various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Manager, Software Engineering, AR/VR - Portal Kernel and Connectivity
Menlo Park, CA
- Research Intern, AI System Code Design
Menlo Park, CA + 2 More
- Research Intern, Calibra
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Research Scientist, Systems and Infrastructure (PhD)
Menlo Park, CA + 4 More
- Software Engineer, Compiler
Menlo Park, CA
- Visualization Engineer
Menlo Park, CA
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top