System Integration Test Lead
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Connectivity's (FBC's) mission is to bring more people online to a faster internet. Our strategy is to increase internet availability, affordability and awareness through programs and solutions that are economically sustainable, best-in-market, and scalable. These include complex cross functional projects comprised of hardware and software systems connected in large network configurations using a mixture of internally developed hardware and commercial equipment. FBC is committed to developing best-in-market solutions. This is where the test team excels.We are looking for a System Integration Test Lead to lead the system integration testing of a wide range of wireless and telecom products. These products include LTE, 5G, mmWave unlicensed band and Wifi. System Integration Test Lead's primary responsibility is to lead the system integration testing effort across the various programs in FBC. One key responsibility is the development of comprehensive test plans to ensure best-in-market products. These test plans will be developed in conjunction with Product Marketing, Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, System Engineering, and external partners. Another key responsibility is to coordinate across the different FB teams to ensure the implementation of test setups and automated test procedures. Finally this candidate will be involved in the testing and providing first level test triaging of the complex systems.
- Provide Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) who develop test plans based on product and system requirements to guarantee that products meet industry standards, as well as ensure that the test plans are tailored to the different stages of the product development.
- Manage the test process by ensuring adequate time is allocated to test.
- Coordinate with other teams to obtain the required equipment and test setups.
- Coordinate with the automation team to ensure that the tools developed meet the program needs.
- Coordinate with the execution teams to manage actual testing.
- Provide first level triage of test results including debugging failures and bringing in the right people to solve problems.
- Provide meaningful feedback to management about the state of the project at any given time.
- BS degree and 8+ years of experience in a technical field or Masters with 6+ years of experience in a technical field.
- Experience developing comprehensive hardware test plans from PRDs, SRDs, and industry standards (e.g. 3GPP, 802.11).
- Experience working with complex collections of networked wireless radios such as LTE, 5G, and/or outdoor WiFi networks.
- Experience with IP networks including both Layer 2 and Layer 3 networks.
- Experience with routing protocols.
- Experience with QoS at both the wireless and network levels.
- Experience with least one scripted language (Python or MATLAB).
- Experience developing embedded hardware for deployed solutions with demonstrated leadership of small technical teams and projects.
- Detail oriented and diligent, balanced with rapid execution in a fast-paced environment.
- Doctorate in a technical domain
- Experience of wireless MAC protocols
- Experience with security protocols including 802.1x
- Experience with wireless link scheduling
- Understanding of wireless RF transmission characteristics
- Experience with embedded digital hardware design
- Experience with embedded Linux platforms
Back to top