Sustaining Engineering Lead
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VRâ€™s potential to change the world is immenseâ€"and weâ€™re just getting started.
As the Product Development team, we are builders who break down barriers to what is possible. Together we design hardware that transforms technology into product.
As a Sustaining Engineering Lead, you will own all post ramp qualifications, second source qualifications, and quality improvements for VR devices at Oculus. You will partner alongside other electrical engineers during development and take over products as they reach maturity. You must be a great hands-on engineer that can wear many hats across EE, FW, RF, Displays, Battery, and Audio. This is an individual contributor role that will become a manager role of 2-3 people over time. You have deep expertise in electrical and firmware design and have shipped various types of consumer devices.
- Understand datasheets and be able to qualify new components.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering and Quality to monitor the production processes and identify and prioritize problems that develop in the course of production.
- Participate in Failure Analysis.
- Develop Engineering Change Orders and company policies for Sustaining Engineering project related programs.
- Participate in Cost Down for both newly-released and shipping products.
- Perform DFM and DFMEA reviews within electronic design group, with CM and suppliers.
- Develop system test plans for design validation and EVT/DVT builds.
- Define test methodology and test coverage to assure product reliability.
- Monitor quality metrics from design validation, reliability, EVT/DVT builds, ramp up and field return data.
- Travel requirements: 20%.
- BS in Electrical or Computer Systems Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience utilizing schematic and layout tools such as Cadence.
- Experience in Consumer Electronics â€" have worked on multiple consumer products.
- Experience with electrical engineering and firmware engineering.
- Experience championing process and understanding the technical rigor to bring product to market at scale.
- 5+ years of direct experience in electrical/firmware design and/or sustaining engineering.
- Experience working with offshore partners.
- Experience communicating and working with Product Design engineers and other hardware/software cross-functional teams.
- MS or PhD in Electrical or Computer Systems Engineering.
- Experience with RF, Displays, Battery, and Audio.
Back to top