Survey Methodologist, Community Integrity
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product designers and engineers to make the best social platform for Facebook's billion users. Our work ranges from the foundational to the evaluative, from ethnography to experimentation, and allows for collaboration between qualitative and quantitative researchers across the company. For this position, we are looking for a mixed-methods researcher with a history of product research on journalism, media, politics, news consumption and algorithmic curation.
The ideal candidate will be a social scientist with expertise in survey methodology (e.g., questionnaire design, bias correction, sampling) and quantitative research methods or a quantitative specialist with experience solving survey methodology problems (especially for self-administered online surveys).
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
Date posted: 9th January 2020
Closing date: 5th February 2020
SURVEY METHODOLOGIST, COMMUNITY INTEGRITY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain expertise in politics, polarization, civil discourse as well as news, journalism, misinformation, and related media and social science research (both academic and market insights)
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics that will drive short- and long-term product development
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate actionable insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Work collaboratively with researchers in other disciplines and teams
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share research
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Collaborate with researchers across the company to elevate research findings on related topics
- 3+ years experience in political science, journalism or media research or Masters or PhD in political science, communication, information science, journalism, human-computer interaction, psychology, media studies, linguistics, anthropology, sociology, market research or a related field
- Prior start-to-finish ownership and execution of large-scale, high-impact research projects
- Experience with SQL, R or Python
- Experience conducting international/cross-cultural research
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, questions
- Ability to communicate theory, analysis and results to a lay audience
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top