Support Engineer, Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Want to work on front page news issues? Excited about solving new problems at an unheard-of scale? Our Legal Tech Solutions team (LTS) is passionate about working with cross-functional teams to improve their operational efficiency through the development of tooling and infrastructure. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic manager that is passionate about the intersection of software engineering, compliance, trust and safety, and broader legal issues. The ideal candidate will be responsible for building and leading a team of engineers focused on engaging a multitude of stakeholders in and outside of Facebook's Legal department, and directly executing cutting-edge technical solutions that address an array of emerging challenges. This manager will need to bring vision and focus to a developing team, establish best practices, and tackle an array of high priority technical needs that are in high demand. If this sounds like you - let's talk.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute on high priority Global Legal Technology initiatives
- Direct and support our Legal Support Engineering team in strategy and execution
- Partner with our Legal, Product, Integrity, and Engineering teams to identify opportunities, translate needs, organize and prioritize resources, and directly plan and drive technical solutions
- Display effective organization skills, execution, and overall planning of multiple and sometimes competing technical priorities in a fast paced environment
- Drive standardization of team's best practices and methodologies that balance organizational needs and align to broader engineering partner best practices
- Drive all technical aspects of the development including technical requirements definition, design, implementation, unit testing, and integration
- Demonstrate sharp attention to detail in executing and reviewing team work product to ensure high quality deliverables
- Travel as needed (up to 10% depending on location and assigned projects) and occasionally internationally
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience in one or more of the following systems including MySQL, Hadoop, Oracle, etc.
- Experience multitasking and work in an unstructured environment of fast growth and ambiguity
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience working with operational teams to build custom solutions
- Experience using basic data analysis to troubleshoot production systems and diagnose problems
- Experience working with stakeholders in a legal, compliance, and/or regulated environment
- Experience interacting with internal and cross-functional stakeholders across Operations, Product, Policy and Training
Back to top