Supply Chain Planning Manager
- Fremont, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
This Supply Chain Planning Manager position will focus on developing and implementing demand planning and supply planning toolsets to enable multiple supply chain teams within the Infrastructure group. The right candidate will be expected to learn the various business models across multiple distinct supply chains and develop the business processes and IT solutions to efficiently manage planning and forecasting activities. This process will include documenting the current state activities, identifying pain-points and deficiencies, and proposing future state solutions. The architect will need to understand the nuances across businesses and develop solutions that are standardized where they can be and unique where they need to be. The end goals being clear ownership of the tools and systems required to guarantee: supply continuity, on-time deployment of capacity, and minimization of commercial risk. Once the opportunities have been identified, the Supply Chain Planning Manager will be responsible for coordinating cross-functionally to prepare, and in some cases, program manage the implementation plan. This position is part of the Sourcing and Operations Engineering team and is based at our Fremont office.
- Owning the development, deployment, and ongoing enhancement of demand planning, supply planning, and S&OP-like processes and tools to support multiple supply chains within the Infrastructure team.
- Developing complex, multi-year, supply chain strategies and implementation plans.
- Championing activities across multiple functional groups within the larger infrastructure team.
- Working with IT system developers to spec, implement, and validate, new tools/systems.
- Preparing process workflows and associated documentation.
- Performing tactical business operations as needed.
- Establishing KPIs to track and monitor performance and develop improvement plans.
- Training participating teams on new processes and supporting tools as required.
- Performing data analysis and driving processes optimization.
- Experience implementing planning tools and systems to support: supplier collaboration, demand/supply commitment, forecasting, available to promise, etc.
- Experience with the design of planning systems to support inventory management and distribution concepts such as demand pull, VMI, consignment, hub and spoke.
- Demonstrated track record of implementing supply chain strategies across multiple products or industries.
- Organizational and time management experience, including working knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Experience participating in the development of custom software solutions.
- Experience and application of supply chain principles, concepts, practices, and standards, along with an experience in industry practices.
- Experience developing solutions to problems.
- Bachelor's degree in technical or business related field with at least 8 years of supply chain experience.
- Experience with Oracle, SAP, Demantra, Kinaxis, E2open, ICON/TechnologyOne or equivalent tools.
Back to top