Supply Chain Intern, MBA
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
At Facebook we are committed to giving people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. It’s a simple mission with a powerful and compelling message. In this company we don’t build services to make money; we make money to build better services – that’s right from our IPO filing – and we mean it. There is a huge need and a huge opportunity to get everyone in the world connected, to give everyone a voice and to help transform society for the future. The scale of the technology and infrastructure that must be built to enable this mission is unprecedented, and we believe this is the most important problem we can focus on. We will never be done with the social mission, but along the way, we will be inspired by technologies that have revolutionized how people spread and consume information. These will be the foundational building blocks upon which we will give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. A key ingredient to achieving our overall mission is delivering the most cost-effective and performant cloud infrastructure in the world. Be it network hardware, compute or storage infrastructure, or our global footprint of data centers, we want to innovate in this space like no other and deliver the best infrastructure in the planet. This is a bold goal. But if it were not bold, then it wouldn’t be us. Facebook designs, manufactures, delivers and operates it’s own cloud infrastructure. The product areas in which we innovate to deploy best in class equipment are compute servers, storage servers, database servers, network switches, fiber optic transceivers, transponders and cables, precision building infrastructure to support primary power distribution systems, backup power systems, and water and air filtration systems. We have a team of engineering, test and qualification engineering, manufacturing engineering, procurement, sourcing and supply chain professionals that enable the rapid design, test and deployment of this infrastructure. Facebook is seeking a sourcing and supply chain intern to own both long term project-oriented work and near-term execution focused goals. The balance of work is approximately 50% in each area. This full-time internship position is based in our main office in Menlo Park, California and will report to a Manager in sourcing. The intern will assist our global data centers, server and network teams with new products, systems, tools and process development and day-to-day execution. Specific project assignments will be made based on intern skill sets. What is working at Facebook like? If you like fast-paced decision making, acting on fact, creating your own future, decision making autonomy and building something new and different from scratch – then this is the role and company for you. At Facebook, your role is as big as you define it to be. The impact you have on the business is determined by your appetite for homeruns, and your skills and capability. This is who we are and how we scale.
- Your primary goal will be focused on successfully launching a project (including metrics to measure success) related to improving systems, tools or a process within the supply chain and sourcing team – this is the impact you will have
- 15-20% of your time will be focused on specific learning objectives which will be developed once the assignment begins – you will walk away with far more knowledge then when you arrive at Facebook
- 80-85% of your time will be focused on executing the day-to-day business, getting steeped in operations and execution related work – the best learning comes from doing the work that full time professionals do
- A successful person in this role will exhibit the following characteristics:
- Top academic proficiency
- Exceptional communication skills
- Effective in analytical problem solving
- Proven willingness, appetite and ability to roll their sleeves up
- A keen sense of awareness around how to set priorities
- Cultural alignment with Facebook values
- Proven ability to work effectively across functional boundaries
- Independent initiative, drive and motivation
- Educational requirements:
- Preferred Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain Management
- Masters in Business Administration or equivalent (in process)
- Experience requirements:
- 3+ years working in a technical sourcing organization supporting the launch of new products, day-to-day manufacturing and supply chain operations
- Knowledge of Compute and Storage Systems, Networking and/or Data Center Operations experience a plus
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2017.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top