Supply Chain Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebookâ€™s Sourcing and Operations Engineering (SOE) team is responsible for sourcing Facebookâ€™s worldwide infrastructure. The SOE team is looking for a Supply Chain Engineer with expertise in design and optimization to help develop a robust and scalable supply ecosystem for next generation technology within our data centers. Using systematic analysis techniques, the successful candidate will evaluate the micro and macro-economics, demand, technical requirements, and balance these against supply chain capabilities and constraints to design a complete supply chain strategy.
As a Supply Chain Engineer, your strategy will take into consideration the supply chain elasticity, supplier technical expertise, deployment capabilities, and business area focus. You will be part of a cross-functional team that develops and implements the technology roadmap for future infrastructure deployments. As such, you will have a unique opportunity to shape the network industry to support Facebookâ€™s explosive growth. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office with a moderate international travel required.
- Definition and development of supply chain model (physical, financial and information flows) based on supplier technical expertise, deployment capabilities, and business area focus
- Develop strategies and successfully execute cross-functionally
- Understand macro environment and industry specific factors impacting the business and providing insight and guidance
- Guide sourcing decisions and engagement to the preferred suppliers
- Drive negotiations, executive level interactions, and build partnerships at all levels
- Create data driven analysis and systematic evaluation of supply chain ecosystems
- Analytical and results focused
- BA/BS or equivalent in technical or business related field with 10+ years of similar experience
- 10+ yearsâ€™ of Sourcing Management or Supply Chain Management experience in technology sourcing roles (individual contributor or management)
- Experience in infrastructure equipment
- Experience in networking hardware such as switch ASIC, or photonics
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Physics
Back to top