Supplier Quality Engineer - Memory (SSD, DRAM)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer responsible for working with Facebookâ€™s global manufacturing partners to develop and implement world class supplier quality programs for Memory (SSD & DRAM) commodities used in Facebook Server, Storage and Networking products.
- Responsible for managing end-to-end SSD and DRAM module quality, working closely with suppliers and internal teams to assure new product readiness and ensure performance meets the key Facebook quality and reliability metrics.
- Responsible for Supply Chain and Data Center quality excursion management through root cause analysis while driving implementation and validation of process improvement and corrective actions.
- Develop and implement Supplier quality programs including continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Use reliability prediction tools and techniques to evaluate product reliability performance on new Memory products.
- Perform regular audits of Supplier manufacturing facilities.
- Monitor supplierâ€™s adherence to new product introduction schedules to ensure predictable and stable mass production volume ramp.
- Conduct supplier capability and technology roadmap assessments to assist supply chain and hardware teams in vendor selection.
- Create and maintain all production process and quality documentation.
- Review all supplier product, process and engineering change notifications.
- 10% International travel may be required.
- BS, Electrical or Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience in DRAM, DIMM, NAND Flash, SSD design and/or manufacturing.
- Knowledge of SSD and DIMM module architecture and manufacturing including backend test and field application.
- Knowledge of Memory reliability test procedures and Weibull modeling/predictive modeling for annual failure rates.
- Experience with design of experiment, root cause analysis and resolve problems on a conceptual and advanced troubleshooting level.
- Quality system, lead auditor experience and knowledge of statistical quality tools to drive and assist suppliers in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Experience working with and managing off shore contract manufacturers.
- Communication experience.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a dynamic startup environment.
Back to top