Supplier Quality Engineer - Mechanical
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a Supplier Quality Engineer who will be responsible for owning quality strategy that will be deployed into our module supply chain. We are looking for an individual with strong background with breadth of experience across various mechanical and electro-mechanical supply chain. The ideal candidate will be detail orientated with communication skills and used to working in highly visible and highly hands-on problem-solving environment. The person will be responsible for developing and implementing quality tools and systems for cutting edge product designs. International Travel will be required.
- The Supplier Quality Engineer will work closely with engineering team to understand product design intent and then be a major part of supplier identification and selection.
- Develop and institutionalize our vendor and supplier selection process.
- Evaluate prospective vendors for process capability based on project needs.
- Publish concise reports or plan for module yield performance, specification convergence status
- drive Failure analysis, Corrective Action implementation plan, and yield bridge to mass production.
- Responsible for supplier quality management with a focus on assessing supplier production and quality control, evaluating supplier readiness and adherence to module quality plan, and supporting general mechanical assembly & manufacturing operations.
- Be responsible for overall process readiness of module supply chain.
- Partner with Engineering to define product acceptance plans based on PRD.
- Collaborate with Suppliers and Engineering teams in assessing, proposing and developing process technologies based on project requirements.
- Drive Design-for-Manufacturability (DFM) activities with vendors on tool and process design for complex geometries and provide technical support in enhancing process capability and resolving technical issues.
- Identify equipment, fixture and tooling needs and drive implementation schedules and efforts to qualify and optimize the manufacturing process.
- Establish quality programs and manufacturing process control plans for early detection of issues and to ensure the highest level of quality and reliability is consistently delivered.
- Responsible for conducting Design/Process FMEA, Failure analysis, PPAP, and Statistical Process Control.
- Knowledgeable in conducting DOEs, Line qualification, Machine Buy-off, Cycle Time & UPH studies, and Automation.
- BS degree in Mechanical, manufacturing engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in supplier quality engineering in consumer electronics.
- Communication, problem solving, and collaboration skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 35% to global locations.
- Masters in Mechanical, manufacturing engineering or equivalent with 8+ years of experience.
- Project management experience and proven track record of creative problem solving in a development environment.
- Experience in mechanical enclosures, castings, plastic parts, injection molding, tooling, jigs, and fixtures
- Have Ownership/Leadership mindset with an ability to be in a leadership position and achieve results with minimal supervision
- Good at identifying risk and developing solid plans to mitigate
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top