Supplier Quality Engineer, Building 8
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA- style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Supply Chain Team has the responsibility for identifying supply chain solutions that allow Building 8 to deliver products to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a Quality Engineering Lead. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This individual will own all of the quality systems within the CM factories.
- Local owner of all raw mechanical and electro-mechanical parts suppliers' quality and Quality Systems within the suppliers.
- Validate suppliers incoming material, in-process, outgoing Quality Control process, manufacturing and RCCA process.
- Determine supplier quality KPI's, quality parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to parts manufacturing, process, test and quality inspection processes. Analyze data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution of test, processes and tooling capability.
- Develop parts Quality Plan, Inspection Procedures, sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods within the suppliers, ensuring OQC and LAR goals are achieved or exceeded at the CM's IQC.
- Provide technical inputs during NPI on material launch readiness, DFMEA, FMEA or RCCA on mechanical and electro mechanical parts design, quality, reliability and manufacturability to improve design and/or manufacturing efficiency.
- Establish Best in Class supplier KPI's and statistical process data collection, analysis confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error. Determining levels of confidence to drive decisions for tooling, process release for mass production (OK2Ramp) and shipment (OK2Ship) to CM.
- Drives data collection, analysis and decision for original and copy tools, process or test qualification with Cross Functional Team.
- Populate supplier reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data: making recommendations back to Product Quality, Design, Test, Process, Manufacturing Operations for manufacturing and material/product continuous improvement strategy.
- Lead Cross Functional Teams (Supplier, CM, Design, Operations) in driving corrective actions focusing on material quality and continuous improvement strategy.
- Design, lead supplier selection qualification process and audit. Coordinate Cross-Functional Team audit activity at existing or prospective suppliers.
- Accountable to ensure all materials shipped from supplier to CM for product manufacturing meets all Government Regulatory, Environment, Health, Safety and Social compliance requirements (i.e. FCC, CE, UL-ETL, ROHS, REACH).
- 7+ years' experience driving Supplier Quality Engineering in a consumer electronics environment
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Good understanding on Electro-mechanical and/or mechanical parts design and manufacturing lifecycle: from CAD design, tooling release, process qualification for metal forging, die cast, molding, plastic injection, electro- mechanical module testing to support qualified parts mass production delivery.
- CQE certification, Quality System Auditing
- Ability & experience interfacing at all levels of the organization
- Ability to articulate vision, independent decision-making and convey a sense of urgency
- Experience in high volume mechanical and/or electro mechanical consumer electronics parts manufacturing
- Ability to adopt to a diversified, fast moving Cross Functional Team environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top