Strategy & Operations Director (India)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a high caliber leader to join us as the Director of Strategy & Operations in India. The ideal candidate will lead a team of people and partner with VP, India and the leadership team to drive sound decisions, strategic planning and operational improvements. The objective of this role is to establish the strategy planning and operations function for India Facebook. The role will work closely with the VP, India to drive the operating cadence and strategic initiatives across the Sales & Marketing, Partnerships, Policy and Communications groups and with cross-functional teams in Product, Engineering, Legal, Finance and Business Intelligence/IT to build out business plans and operational tactics to drive scalable revenue growth, align partner, advertiser and solutions engineering efforts, and create effective programs.
The ideal leader is familiar with the online technology industry and has a proven record of driving strategic business decisions by using clear frameworks, deploying excellent communication tactics, and producing deep analyses as the foundation upon which recommendations are built. Additionally, this leader must be passionate about Facebook and be an inspiring leader/manager who can quickly build relationships with people of varying personality types. This is a full-time position and is located in our Gurgaon India office.
- Management and Partnerships: Build and manage a high performing team. Partner with executive management on key business and operational activities. Develop strong collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders and partners, including leading cross-functional task forces on major initiatives and represent the function in cross-functional teams.
- Strategic Planning: Design and drive planning activities with the primary objective of enabling leadership to make effective, analytically-driven and strategic operating decisions to drive growth, including medium/long-term planning (strategic, operational and financial) focused on market opportunity sizing, product & capability focus, resourcing (direct and indirect) and org Strategic projects and initiatives: Execute critical projects and initiatives with cross-functional teams across the organization. Support local implementation of global programs together in market.
- Rhythm of the business: Drive operational reviews and rhythm of the business. Lead business and revenue analysis to deliver impactful business insights to drive operational changes. Design and execute on standard cadence of operations (e.g., lead quarterly /annual target setting, forecasting, revenue and operational KPI reviews, key reviews) to inform management with actionable improvement opportunities.
- Automation and efficiency: Work with cross-functional leaders to develop standard processes and tools/dashboards that can be scaled centrally.
- Willingness and ability to travel and to support multiple time zones in our global organization.
- A minimum, Bachelor's degree from a recognized institution
- 15+ years of work experience ideally with experience in a consulting firm and tech company in a similar capacity or a strategy role.
- Proven stakeholder management experience â€" including managing multiple partners simultaneously
- Experience solving business problems (commercial, operational, organizational) and providing practical business insights from data.
- Ability to lead and influence stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Experience as a people manager leading a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong aptitude for operations and attention to details
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Working knowledge of Excel, SQL or tableau will be an advantage
Back to top