Strategy Manager, Facebook Connectivity
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Mobile Partnerships at Facebook is seeking a Strategy Manager who is passionate about connectivity and helping to get more people online. In this role, you will work on various strategy and analysis projects to support decision making of various product and program teams, primarily in connectivity. Typical assignment will include analysis of technology and markets, identification and evaluation of opportunities, and strategy synthesis. You will also work with cross-functional teams to help implement the strategy through goal setting, measurement, and by participating in ongoing analysis and steering of programs. The successful candidate must have strong industry research, analytical and communication skills. He/she must have experience addressing executives, be comfortable with working in an ambiguous and cross-functional environment, and the ability to synthesize and execute against complex problems using quantitative data. This full-time position sits within the Mobile Partnerships team and is based in our Menlo Park headquarters.
- Partner cross-functionally with internal teams and with external vendors to develop thoughtful analyses and deliver key insights into opportunities, as well as current and future state of our connectivity initiatives.
- Influence the focus, prioritization and direction of Facebook's connectivity programs by developing strategic frameworks for decision-making and prioritization.
- Identify and provision data sources required for overall analysis, including collaboration with data science teams to integrate Facebook's internal data in analyses.
- Manage cross-functional teams working on strategy projects from inception to completion, including project goal setting, documentation, internal communication and progress tracking.
- Work with product teams on to operationalize strategy by supporting selection and prioritization of new opportunities, and by setting up goals, metrics and tracking of product impact.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics or related discipline.
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Science or MBA.
- 2+ years of experience in Investment Banking, Private Equity, Strategy, Data Science or Management Consulting.
- 2+ years of operational experience in a technology, online service, or telecom-company, leading projects in strategy, business development, product or finance.
- Management consulting experience in competitive strategy, market-entry strategy, or M&A in technology industry (e.g. telecoms, internet, mobile).
- Deep knowledge of mobile industry business models, go-to-market strategies, and understanding of industry business and technology drivers.
- Strong communication skills and experience in delivering concise, effective presentations directly to top-level executives.
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint and experience in decision making with large data sets and quantitative analysis.
- Knowledge in SQL, Python, R, Tableau.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top