Strategic Sourcing Operations Project Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is searching for a highly-motivated, detail-oriented team player to serve as a project manager within the Indirect Strategic Sourcing Team. In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with multiple business groups driving strategic sourcing strategies, sourcing process and tool development, process optimization, internal controls, vendor management, reporting and training. You must have flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and business and organizational needs. In addition, you must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work proactively with various teams across the organization, including IT, Infrastructure, Legal, HR and Finance.
- Strategy and Operational Planning: Understand strategic business objectives and requirements in order to facilitate operational improvement initiatives. Meaningfully contribute to strategic planning/roadmap development efforts.
- Collaborative Relationships: Develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company to strategically develop, implement and optimize sourcing processes and tools that enable the Strategic Sourcing teams to scale. Drive alignment around cross-functional requirements.
- Process Design and Management: Understand the current processes and tools environment and execute action plans to achieve improved efficiencies, resource optimization and controls. Make significant contributions to process design efforts to positively impact the Strategic Sourcing team and its business clients. Manage process documentation and provide on-going support for implemented processes.
- Tools/Technology: Assist in identification and implementation of new sourcing and contracting tools and technology solutions. Provide project management and facilitation to scope, document requirements, evaluate, test, implement and support technology solutions to streamline and automate key processes.
- Training & Development: Support the design and delivery of regular communications and training for new processes, tools, policies and core strategic sourcing skills.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in business, supply chain, procurement, finance or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the areas of procurement operations, sourcing process and tool development or project management.
- Experience in evaluating, developing and implementing operational improvements through automation and process redesign to enable scalability and velocity (e.g., eSourcing, spend analysis, contract life cycle management, supplier performance management).
- Analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity.
- Proven track record of breaking down complex processes and identifying key pain points in order to deliver business improvements at local, regional and global levels.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams to set objectives and produce results.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top