Strategic Sourcing Manager, Technology, IT & Engineering
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is currently seeking a Technology Sourcing Manager that will be responsible for all aspects of the sourcing and contracting process in support of a Facebook's engineering and research categories. This position requires extensive knowledge and experience in software licensing and contracts. The Technology Sourcing Manager must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with frequent tight deadlines and working collaboratively with both internal clients and external suppliers.
- Negotiate, manage, coordinate, and support technology sourcing activities for hardware, software and services, including preparing RFx, managing the process and analyzing competitive bids.
- Analyze spend data, internal requirements, and external supply markets to develop strategic sourcing strategies and plans aligned with the business goals.
- Prepare, redline and negotiate commercial contracts including software and hardware licenses, services agreements, statements of work and amendments.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with internal clients to strategically manage spend for assigned categories.
- Act as procurement subject matter expert in consulting with the business to identify, develop and deploy best practice procurement.
- Develop strong partnerships with procurement operations, accounts payable, and legal teams.
- Manage, coordinate and support special projects as needed.
- 4+ years of experience in procurement, sourcing or contracting in the software licensing and technology professional services.
- Experience in negotiating enterprise software and SaaS agreements and drafting outsourced services contracts.
- Ability to prioritize and manage high volume workload.
- Adept in working with tools including Word, Excel, ERP systems, and contract management tools.
- Ability to flourish in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity.
- Bachelors' degree in Business, Supply Chain, Procurement, Finance or Management.
- Experience in the nuances of purchasing software, licensing models and associated agreements.
- Experience analyzing data and making recommendations on sourcing opportunities.
- Global experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top