Strategic Sourcing Manager - Professional Services
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is currently searching for an experience Strategic Sourcing Manager - Professional Services to be part of the team that is responsible for the sourcing and management of our key Corporate Support partners. This person will work closely with multiple cross functional teams and professional service business groups driving strategic sourcing strategies that support the business to ensure the best options for Facebook are obtained. This position is part of Facebook's Source2Pay (Sourcing) organization, and will be located at Facebook's offices in London, England. The role will report into Facebook's EMEA Strategic Sourcing lead which is headquartered in Dublin Ireland.
- Develop category strategies for Corporate Support Services (primarily Professional Services supporting major organization's such as Legal, Communications, Public Policy, Finance, Partnerships, Community Operations and Human Resources) lead the development of sourcing strategies and category roadmaps
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company to strategically manage spend and the supply base for assigned categories
- Understand the strategic business objectives and procurement requirements and develop sourcing strategies and category roadmaps to support the business objectives
- Identify and be an agent for proper local billing and taxation
- Source, negotiate, contract and manage a wide variety of Corporate Services requirements
- Establish local sourcing performance targets and ensure alignment with the global category plans
- Manage complex sourcing projects and lead contract negotiations that optimize value to the company
- Identify and report key performance metrics to measure success and drive continuous improvement
- Act as sourcing & procurement subject matter expert in consulting with the business on procurement strategies, processes, policies, and best practices for Corporate Services category
- Prepare sourcing documents, contracts, statements of work and related procurement documents
- Provide regular communication and training on processes and systems
- Perform the supplier management function in collaboration with the business
- Develop strong partnerships with Procurement Operations, Accounts Payable, Contract Management, and Legal teams
- Manage, coordinate, and support special projects as needed
- Thinks and acts proactively.
- Strong understanding of global organization and sourcing complexities
- BS degree in business, supply chain, procurement, finance or management plus 5 years related experience.
- Proven ability to think and perform both strategically and tactically
- Proven ability to manage projects and small teams
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in global category management
- Global sourcing, negotiations, contracting and compliance experience required with a particularly strong business background in EMEA
- Experience in planning, sourcing, negotiating, contracting and supplier management in Professional Services category
- Effective negotiator
- Proven skills in consulting with internal business clients
- Highly motivated and able to think clearly under pressure
- Ability to think strategically and operationally/tactically
- Good understanding of various currency restrictions
- Working knowledge of regional business environment and local Suppliers
- Ability to drive change and improve end-to-end processes
- Superior Microsoft Excel financial modeling and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to flourish in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity
- Oracle ERP and Procurement module experience preferred
- Approximately 20% travel anticipated primarily within region and to Facebook's headquarters in the United States.
Back to top