Strategic Sourcing Manager, Mechanicals (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Come and develop, drive and execute a new product category with Oculus VR. Oculus is looking for individuals that want to be on the ground floor of a breakthrough technology and help build a world class supply chain. This individual is responsible for driving supplier business management activities for mechanical commodities at Oculus. This person will work closely with Hardware Engineering and Technical Operations during the product development process to ensure that our mechanical suppliers are prepared to support the delivery of new products to market on-time, at specified quality and yield parameters and at the lowest possible total cost. He/she will monitor and drive continuous improvement programs with our mechanical supply partners throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Develop Mechanical Supplier Sourcing Strategy which ensures that our supply base is capable of meeting Oculus' current and future technical and business requirements.
- Continually benchmark the mechanical industry to monitor cost and technology trends and ensure best practices are incorporated into the Oculus supply chain.
- Drive Early Supplier Involvement (ESI) initiatives to ensure our mechanical suppliers are proactively providing input into new product designs and future product roadmaps.
- Establish mechanical supplier selection criteria, evaluate alternative suppliers, manage the RFQ process, and drive final supplier selection in partnership with Hardware Engineering and Supply Base Engineering.
- Negotiate volume purchase agreements with mechanical suppliers to establish best-in-class pricing, flexibility, quality, delivery, payment, warranty and service terms.
- Determine appropriate business splits between dual sources where appropriate, and ensure conformance to agree upon business splits with our CM partners.
- Formulate contingency plans to de-risk technical challenges, long lead time, single source and non-cancellable/non-returnable (NCNR) supply issues.
- Develop and implement supplier performance measurement system (Report Card) and conduct periodic supplier business reviews with senior management.
- Institute programs to optimize schedule flexibility while minimizing excess inventory exposure.
- Lead Total Cost Reduction program to ensure the lowest possible total cost, including product cost, transportation cost, inventory cost and cost of quality.
- Work with Supply Base Engineering and our CM partners to resolve any chronic part shortage or quality problems which are affecting production schedules.
- Own the ramp plan, ongoing production plan and forecast, tooling qualification schedule and tooling life for all designated suppliers
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business (or equivalent)
- 10+ years work experience in Engineering and Procurement or related disciplines.
- Knowledge of plastic injection molding, compression molding, thermal forming, sheeting metal, precision CNC, die cast, and other mechanical commodities
- Knowledge of engineering materials, plastic, rubber, metal, adhesives, etc.
- Background in supplier evaluation/selection, should cost models, contract negotiation and supply base management.
- Experience with contract negotiations
- 5+ years of managing Asia based mechanical commodities
- 25% domestic & international (Asia) travel
- Program management and cross-functional teamwork skills.
- Experience with high volume, consumer electronics products.
- Bilingual - Mandarin
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top