Strategic Sourcing Manager, Contract Manufacturing (Oculus)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Come and develop, drive and execute a new product category with Oculus VR. Oculus is looking for individuals that want to be on the ground floor of a breakthrough technology and help build a world class supply chain. This person will have responsibility for managing the business relationship with our Contract Manufacturing (CM) partners. This individual will establish and closely monitor performance metrics with our CM partners and will work to continuously improve the quality, delivery, cost and lead-time of Oculus products. This position reports to the Manager, Global Procurement.
- Drive cross-functional process involving Hardware Engineering and Technical Operations to evaluate and select future CM partners as business conditions dictate.
- Facilitate early involvement by our CM partners in the new product development process to ensure DFx input is incorporated at appropriate points in the new product development cycle.
- Ensure our CM partners are prepared to support all prototype builds with appropriate equipment, people and materials.
- Manage ongoing business relationships and facilitate open communication between our CMs and Oculus through ongoing team meetings, action item lists, performance reporting, etc.
- Drive Total Cost Reduction program with our CM partners to ensure the lowest possible total cost, including: product cost, transportation cost, inventory cost and cost of quality.
- Work with Supply Planning and Marketing to translate the demand forecast into a monthly Master Production Schedule (MPS) and 12 month rolling forecast.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication of purchase orders and resolve any shipment or invoice discrepancies between our CMs and 3PL partners.
- Drive capacity planning process at CMs to ensure we have adequate lead time to add equipment and tooling as required by demand forecasts.
- Monitor day-to-day tactical activities to ensure CMs are successful in meeting their quality, delivery, cost and lead-time commitments.
- Hold CM partners accountable for managing Tier 2 suppliers to the agreed upon terms and conditions, including Tier 2 cost reduction goals.
- Drive flexibility improvements and cycle time reduction programs with our CM partners to increase responsiveness to demand changes.
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews with senior management, and ensure executives from Oculus and our CM partners are connected in a deep and long lasting relationship.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, or equivalent, required.
- 6+ years work experience in Procurement, Manufacturing or related disciplines.
- Knowledge of SMT and FATP assembly processes required.
- Background in managing outsource contract manufacturing partners in Asia required.
- Background in supplier evaluation/selection, contract negotiation and supply base management.
- Program management and cross-functional teamwork skills.
- Experience with high volume, consumer electronics products.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top