Strategic Sourcing Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
This Strategic Sourcing Manager position will focus on analysis, development, and deployment of supply chain strategies and associated systems to support a variety of products within the server/storage/network team. The right candidate will be expected to engage with various teams across the organization to understand the products that are being sourced and map their current supply chains. This process includes documenting the current state of the supply chain and cross-functional dependencies, identifying pain-points and deficiencies, identifying improvement opportunities, and proposing future state solutions. The end goals being supply continuity, lead time reduction and minimization of commercial risk. Once the opportunities have been identified the Sourcing Manager will be responsible for preparing, and in some cases program managing or owning, the implementation plan. This position is part of the Sourcing and Operations Engineering team and is based at our Menlo Park office.
- Leading program/project activities from concept to deployment.
- Working with IT system developers to spec, implement, and validate, new tools/systems.
- Preparing process workflows and associated documentation.
- Performing tactical business operations as needed (planning, managing allocations, etc)
- Establishing KPIs to track and monitor performance and develop improvement plans.
- Training participating teams on new processes and supporting tools.
- Coordinating activities across multiple functional groups within the larger infrastructure team.
- Performing procurement data analysis and driving processes optimization.
- Supporting joint SOP development between Facebook and ODM/JDM/CM partners to ensure cooperation and implementation of planning, demand management, and inventory programs.
- Experience developing efficient supply chains across a wide variety of products and industries.
- Ability to develop solutions to a wide range of complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills, including working knowledge of basic project management tools and techniques.
- Ability to interact effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience and application of supply chain principles, concepts, practices, and standards, along with an experience in industry practices.
- Master’s degree in technical or business related field with at least 8 + years of supply chain experience
- Demonstrated track record of successfully implementing large scale supply chain strategies across multiple products or industries.
- Must be analytical and results focused.
- Experience working with and managing ODM/CM suppliers located in Asia, North America, and Europe.
- Experience with Oracle, Demantra, Agile PLM or equivalent tools.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top