Strategic Sourcing and Partnerships Manager
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As a Strategic Sourcing and Partnerships Manager for Facebook Reality Labs organization, your job will be to build technology partnerships that accelerate the introduction of new consumer hardware products and AR/VR experiences. You will be part of a fast moving team that focuses on partnerships and advanced technology exploration to develop custom solutions for silicon, sensors, wireless, AI, computer vision and other advanced technology areas that are critical to deliver our future vision of connecting people through both augmented and virtual worlds.
- Drive partner strategy for technology innovation cross-functionally with leading engineers and technologists in Facebook Reality Labs.
- Support exploratory discussions with potential new partners, including setup of technology evaluations as needed.
- Manage business relationships with current partners.
- Negotiate and drive development deals with technology partners in the silicon ecosystem including major component suppliers, startups and everything in between.
- This role requires domestic and international travel when deemed safe.
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing & Operations Engineering or other relevant technical fields.
- 5+ years of either business development work experience or commodity sourcing management for silicon, sensors, wireless, AI, computer vision or other advanced technology area relevant to mobile and consumer products.
- Track record of negotiating and structuring complex technology or sourcing deals with consideration for technical, long term business and strategic aspects of the relationship.
- Technical foundation to ramp quickly on various technologies associated with silicon, sensing, computer vision, AI and other HW areas that are associated with bringing the future of AR/VR forward.
- Familiarity with the silicon development process and strategic vendors in the silicon ecosystem (e.g. foundries, IP licensors, design services vendors).
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills to champion initiatives internally and externally, including compilation of clear and concise briefing materials, for effective communication with executive management and external partners.
- Analytical skills and experience formulating clear partner and technology strategies with cross-functional teams. Experience influencing cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Familiarity with supply chain and supply agreements.
Back to top