Strategic Planning Program Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We are looking for a Strategic Planning Program Manager to help lead a curriculum that will evaluate critical planning changes, manage the communication of key initiatives progress across multiple disciplines, and maintain the plan of record for Facebook's global data center program. As a Strategic Planning Program Manager on the Data Center team, you will enable data center efficiency and scale while achieving alignment across all impacted data center stakeholders.You will be expected to lead a rigorous program by actively working with onsite and field teams to evaluate and communicate planning changes to our data center roadmap and related projects. This role will be responsible for creating executable project plans with clearly defined milestones, reporting project status, issues/risks, mitigation plans, and creating operational documentation for deploying and maintaining data center facilities. In this role, you will be responsible for leading regular planning change reviews with leadership from Construction, Operations, Facilities, and Engineering and Field Teams. Regularly communicating and presenting progress of key data center initiatives and planning changes will be a key component to this role.You're equally at home rolling up the sleeves and being in the details as well as providing recommendations and communications to team leads and infrastructure leadership. Among your many attributes you have a technical program management background in data centers and an understanding of servers, networks, and data center operations.
- Host and manage regular sync-up meetings covering new data center plan changes. Lead planning discussions and project reviews with key data center stakeholders such as networking, cabling, facilities, operations, and capacity engineering teams to align on new projects and ensure alignment on all aspects of data center planning.
- Build a process to capture and review incremental change requests to our data center plans. Manage any requested changes to the plan and work with engineering groups in evaluating the capacity, cost, and timing impacts.
- Develop detailed project evaluation plans for change requests and set the pace to drive closure.
- Own the communications strategy for all data center planning changes which includes executive level and detailed project briefs and status updates.
- Use technical judgment to drive new project evaluations, technology reviews, challenge proposals and build consensus.
- 7+ years of experience working in a data center/ IT Enterprise organization.
- Track record in completing multiple infrastructure projects.
- Technical knowledge, which encompasses data center technologies and design.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to succeed through collaboration and working through other internal and external organizations and individuals.
- Leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to learn and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to apply independent and business judgment to solve issues.
- Work independently with minimal supervision required and can lead cross-functional teams to complete projects and initiatives using judgment, experience, and leadership skills.
- Partner with internal IT operations teams to ensure successful transition from delivery to operations.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestic and international.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top