Strategic Planning & Operations Lead, Facebook Developer Partnerships
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Partnerships Strategic Planning & Operations group is looking for an experienced business leader to help drive organizational planning and operational excellence across the Facebook Developer Partnerships organization. This leader will partner deeply with the Director of Developer Partnerships, and many cross-functional teams, including product marketing, finance, HR, etc. The primary objectives are to enable Developer Partnerships leadership to make analytically-driven strategic decisions and to increase operational rigor. This person must have a highly flexible skillset to juggle a range of tasks, including, but not limited to, resource planning and analysis, organizational design, business goal definition, developing data-driven business reviews, internal communications, ad hoc performance analyses, coordination and leadership of critical projects across the company, and contributions to team culture and values.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about Facebook, have a proven track record of proactive operational leadership in a cross-functional environment, be a strategic thinker who can drive results, and be able to move fast while keeping focused on high impact projects.
This is a full-time position and is located at HQ in Menlo Park, California supporting the Director of Developer Partnerships.
- Business and Strategic Planning:
- - Collaborate with Partnerships leaders and other internal stakeholders on key business initiatives, programs, resource planning, and special projects
- - Frame decisions and contribute a strong point of view
- - Develop a deep understanding of the business and be the person that can connect the dots between teams to identify areas for improvement, efficiency, and collaboration
- - Develop and implement go-to-market strategies for new markets, products or verticals, including organizational design to enable these strategies
- - Stay up-to-date with trends in business, technology and specific industries where Facebook is involved, including knowledge of current/potential partners
- - Lead operational reviews for Developer Partnerships to drive decision-making and review progress on regional goals and priorities (e.g. monthly/quarterly business reviews)
- - Build standard business review documents and business requirements for reporting
- - Work closely with internal communications and HR teams to ensure leadership is communicating constantly and transparently within the team and across Facebook organizations
- - Drive key leadership meetings and facilitate alignment on key issues and opportunities
- - Identify areas of process improvement and build plans for teams to improve
- 10+ years of experience in strategic planning and/or business operations in the technology/internet space
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, economics, business or other quantitative disciplines
- Experience working with developers and Facebook products for the developer community
- Experience leading strategy, operations and process improvement projects at a leading management consulting firm or in a relevant strategy/operations team
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills, ability to solve complex and diverse business problems (commercial, operational, organizational) and to drive projects from strategy to execution
- Ability to develop or oversee advanced quantitative analysis and derive actionable insights
- Strong leadership and influencing skills - able to lead/influence stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrable experience working cross-functionally with leadership in developing and executing successful plans
- Results and detail oriented, with strong commercial/business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior Excel and PowerPoint skills
Back to top