Strategic Planning Analyst
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Data Center Strategic Planning Group is responsible for developing the long range and tactical supply roadmap and conducting business and financial analysis related to the growth and improvement of Facebook Data Centers. The ideal candidate will have superior financial modeling, program management and business analysis skills, with a proven track record of developing and communicating infrastructure roadmaps and plans. The candidate should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, highly team-oriented, tenacious and focused on results. Among your many attributes you have a working understanding of servers, networks, and data center operations. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park, CA headquarters.
- Lead regular planning change reviews with Construction, Operations, Facilities, and Engineering and Field Teams to align on new data center projects.
- Regularly communicate and present progress of key data center initiatives and planning changes will be a key component to this role.
- Support the Data Center Site Selection Team through financial and capacity analysis of new Data Center regions and leases to ensure we scale w/ our users.
- Develop and own the networking roadmap and associated power analysis impacts.
- Support end-to-end analysis on new data center strategies including working with partner teams to develop the business cases, conduct the financial evaluation, and program manage the project from start to finish.
- Influence the deployment of Facebook's Data Centers and related projects by developing strategic frameworks for decision-making which may include but are not limited to: supply forecasts, cost models, and key business metrics.
- Build automated dashboards for visibility on business drivers, metrics and data center planning initiatives
- 4+ years of experience in either Investment Banking, Corp FP&A, Private Equity, Strategy, Data Science or Management Consulting
- Technical knowledge, which encompasses working knowledge of data center and network infrastructure.
- Problem solver with an analytical mindset.
- Communication skills and experience delivering presentations to all levels of management
- Experience leading quantitative analysis
- Experience in Excel, Microsoft Office and SQL
- 4+ years excel
- 4+ years conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top