Strategic Partnerships Manager, Messenger
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Partnerships Manager for the Product Partnerships team who is passionate about the future and the way people and businesses will interact through Messenger. In this role, you will engage with some of the world's most influential companies and work closely with our world-class engineering and product teams, with a primary focus on Businesses on Messenger. In addition to our Messenger product teams, we work cross-functionally with engineering, legal, marketing and operations teams to develop new capabilities, improve user experience, and make our partners successful and improve products offered to Messenger partners.
- Launch and scale Businesses on Messenger partnerships.
- Help our partners implement existing or pre-release aspects of Businesses on Messenger by teaching, consulting.
- Maintain direct and active relationships with partners, including proactively resolving business and technical issues and serving as an internal advocate.
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, policy, legal, marketing, and PR to launch Messenger products and partnerships.
- Track, analyze, and communicate key quantitative partner metrics, industry trends and product impact.
- Represent Facebook in external meetings with executives from other companies.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience with product, partnership, or technical experience in consumer technology companies
- BS or BA Degree
- Strong understanding of web and app based creation & capacity to quickly learn technical concepts
- Experience in Messenger product, Business on Messenger, and the Messenger Platform.
- A strong passion and curiosity for innovative social products and their potential for transforming businesses and industries.
- A strategic thinker who is comfortable in a fast-paced, always-on, highly ambiguous start-up like environments.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to lead and handle multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional initiatives.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside Facebook.
- Ability to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision.
- Work experience with product, partnership, or technical experience in mobile focused consumer technology companies
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top