Strategic Partnerships Lead, EMEA (WhatsApp)
(London, United Kingdom)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world. WhatsApp is seeking an exceptional individual to work on our EMEA partnership strategy and join WhatsApp partnerships team. This job requires high levels of creativity and strategic thinking, as you'll be responsible for developing and executing EMEA partnerships strategy that will support WhatsApp partnership efforts. You should be as comfortable pitching and negotiating deals with partners as working cross-functionally with colleagues in Product, Engineering, Customer Support, Finance, Marketing, and Legal to launch partnerships that meet the strategic objectives of partners and of WhatsApp. You should also expect to handle day-to-day operations and partnership management with key partners across various time zones, develop and execute on strategic partner initiatives and advocate internally and externally for partners.This is a full-time position based with the WhatsApp team in London, United Kingdom and will report to WhatsApp's Head of Business.
- Develop and drive WhatsApp EMEA partner strategy to support WhatsApp's goals
- Initiate, structure, negotiate, and maintain high impact strategic partnerships for payments and commercial messaging
- Support new partners through launch process and liaise with WhatsApp product and engineering teams
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across WhatsApp including product, marketing, PR, customer support, legal on partner launches
- Track, analyze, and communicate key quantitative metrics and develop and execute against both partner and product plans.
- Understanding of WhatsApp strategic and competitive position
- Proven ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and business leaders inside and outside WhatsApp
- 8+ years of experience in Tech/Management Consulting/Product Management.Proven track record of initiating and driving new business opportunities at a global scale
- Experience working in start-up environments
- Project management experience, with the ability to lead and execute multiple time-sensitive projects
- Communication and presentation skills, and the ability to clarify and summarize issues
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about issues, leading to recommendations and action plans
- B.S. or M.S in Engineering/Sciences/Business.
- Good understanding and experience working with banks and financial institutions
- Business development experience negotiating complex deals
- Experience working with OEM and mobile operators in EMEA region.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top