Strategic Partnership Manager, Business (WhatsApp)
(Menlo Park, CA)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
WhatsApp is seeking an exceptional individual to serve as a partner manager for our strategic partners. If you are a leader who has demonstrated experience in business and product strategy and commercialization, is excited to work with both consumers and businesses, has a strong bias for action and rolling up your sleeves to get things done, and wants to unlock the potential of WhatsApp to serve millions of businesses, we would be excited to hear from you. In this role, you will be responsible for establishing and managing strategic relationships with our key partners. You will own and be responsible for the relationship in its entirety. You will onboard and launch these partners with WhatsApps services, drive integration through coordination with Engineering, Product, Legal and PR, and manage these partners on a day-to-day basis, keeping WhatsApp leadership informed of partner status and performance along the way.
This is a full-time position based with the WhatsApp team at Facebook HQ in Menlo Park, California and will report to WhatsApp's Director of Marketing.
- Drive WhatsApp commercial messaging product and partner strategy to support WhatsApp across key verticals and geographies.
- Maintain direct and active relationships with partners, including proactively resolving business, technical, and policy issues and servicing as an internal advocate.
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, business development, policy, legal, marketing and PR to launch partnerships.
- Onboard and support new partners through launch process, and collaborate with cross-functional teams across WhatsApp including product, marketing, PR, customer support, legal on partner launches.
- Define market requirements, produce qualitative and quantitative analysis of product performance, aggregate feedback, explore new strategic opportunities, and inform product roadmap with enhanced or new functionality.
- Supervise and drive decision-making on all agreements, mechanics, and launch partners post-deal.
- Track, analyze, and communicate key quantitative metrics and develop and execute against both partner and product plans.
- Proven ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and business leaders inside and outside WhatsApp/Facebook.
- Collaboration and relationship-building skills, with the ability to develop working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside of WhatsApp and Facebook.
- 7+ years of experience in technology companies managing and coaching partners, strategizing collaboratively, and negotiating agreements.
- Proven track record of initiating and driving new business opportunities at a global scale.
- Project management experience, with the ability to lead and execute multiple projects.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in mobile and software licensing in a combination of roles – business development, partnerships, and/or product management.
- Business development experience negotiating complex deals.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top