Strategic Partner Manager, Workplace
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Workplace by Facebook is the next generation enterprise communication platform that enables employees at any organization to collaborate and communicate using many of the same features available on Facebook. Launched in 2016, Workplace is growing quickly, with thousands of companies around the world using Workplace. Workplace's mission is to give the world a place to work together.
The Strategic Partner Manager is at the forefront of our mission to give the world a place to work together. You will be responsible for working with our largest and most strategic customers. In this role, you will maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by building long-term strategic relationships with our customers and partners, ensuring that their experience with Workplace is transformative for their business.
A significant part of your role will be to serve as a customer advocate, often functioning as a liaison between our customers and all internal Workplace teams (e.g. Partners, Solution Architects, Marketing, Product, etc.). You will be a team player who will innovate to continue improving the way Workplace serves its customers and be willing to roll up your sleeves and assist where needed. This is a hands-on, high execution role which requires excellent business, technical and analytical skills to launch our product with Fortune 500 companies.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-growing team and become a true partner to our most strategic customers and shape how our product evolves by representing the voice of the customer.
This position is full time and based in Menlo Park.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with customer executive sponsors and help them translate their Workplace vision into execution
- Represent and convey the Workplace value proposition to audiences ranging from Senior Executives to technical stakeholders, driving adoption, engagement and growth
- Ensure internal alignment on account strategy by partnering with Growth Managers, Partners and Solution Architects to engage in pre-sales motions as necessary, develop and execute on customer success plans and create the conditions for adoption and expansion
- Build customer adoption and engagement by identifying opportunities for business transformation with Workplace, an proactively address any issues, and delivering services via Workplace partners
- Continually assess, document, and analyze customer progress toward stated goals and results
- Engage regularly with customers via strategic and operational reviews to evaluate needs and strategic direction
- Innovate with customers using technological innovations (e.g., bots)
- Help build the Workplace Community though thought leadership, events, and developing best practices
- Gather customer product feedback to shape product roadmap development
- Adapt quickly to product changes and limitations, and communicate these strategically to stakeholders
- Drive initiatives to help build and scale the Workplace team and practices
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of account management, sales or implementation experience at a software/SaaS company
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse set of internal and external constituencies including senior level executives, legal, technical, finance, sales and marketing
- Organizational, project management, time management and communication skills
- Ability to explain technical solutions, establish goals, develop opportunities, and provide reporting/dashboards to identify trends and improve the customer experience
- Strategic thinker with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, always-on, highly ambiguous start-up environment
- Ability to lead cross-function business and technical teams to provide to achieve measurable impact
- Ability to build and sell business cases to customer teams
- Understanding of business processes and their implementation into enterprise applications
- Willingness to travel approximately 30% of the time
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
- Experience with organizational change management
- Experience with internal communication or HR practices
- Expert user of Salesforce, Gainsight, Totango, Tableau, Workplace amongst other collaboration tools
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top