Strategic Partner Manager, News Partnerships - India
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Strategic Partner Manager to build and enhance successful partnerships with News publishers and broadcasters. This person will collaborate with some of the biggest newsrooms across India to implement strategic partnership plans around Facebook products, tools and services.
This job requires high levels of creativity and strategic thinking, as you'll be required to help a diverse range of news organisations develop innovative social experiences on Facebook. You will be the face of Facebook to our external relationships at senior levels and serve as the primary point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who can think strategically, articulate their vision yet also roll up their sleeves to get the job done. This person will have a sophisticated knowledge of the news industry, its content strategies and business models, and the ability to devise and execute programs that add value to the goals of Facebook and our media partners.
This position can be based in Delhi and will involve travel.
- Establish strong partnership relations by understanding and supporting business, content and social strategies
- Track, analyse, and communicate key quantitative metrics and develop and execute against partnership goals
- Become the primary point of contact for and maintain strong direct relationships with Facebookâ€™s key partners
- Be an internal advocate for news partners
- Participate in industry events including conferences, workshops and presentations
- Build strong cross-functional relationships within Facebook, working across timezones and departments
- BA/BS degree required
- 6 - 10+ years experience in the media industry, preferably within news organisations, with focus on digital news and partnerships
- Strong understanding of the India News landscape
- Sophisticated experience in social media and digital media industries
- Experience leading pan-regional or global projects
- Experience working in and influencing global cross-functional teams
- Willing to wear multiple hats, able to deliver high-quality results in an ambiguous and rapidly changing business environment
- Excellent communicator with strong analytical skills and business sense
- Experience with Keynote / PowerPoint essential
Back to top