Strategic Partner Manager, Facebook Journalism Project
(New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced news executive to help manage and lead Global News Partnerships. The goal of the News Partnerships team is to help publishers and journalists understand how to reach and engage their audiences, and to innovate with new technologies. The day-to-day responsibilities of the News Partnerships team include: manage relationships with news organizations; develop strategies and programs that foster greater collaboration and alignment between Facebook and news organizations; solicit and incorporate feedback from news organizations on product development and prioritization, and; clearly communicate and foster transparent dialogue with news organizations globally.
- Oversee and manage global functions, projects and teams within the News Partnerships team
- Support ongoing engagement with news organizations globally
- Be a strong voice within Facebook on the goals and priorities of news publishers
- Create new forums for engagement with the news industry
- Support new product launches, and collaborate closely with Facebook product and engineering teams
- Serve as cross-functional leader, working with teams across the company
- Help manage a world class team through providing mentorship, guidance and career development
- Manage and maintain strong direct relationships with Facebook's key partners
- Proactively resolve business issues with partners
- BA/BS degree
- 15+ years of experience in news, with strong track-record and understanding across the business
- Proven track record of building, initiating and driving new business and/or organizational opportunities.
- Project management experience, with the ability to lead and execute multiple time-sensitive projects
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about issues, leading to recommendations and action plans
- Ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top