Strategic Partner Manager, Computer Science Education
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We are looking for a Partnerships Manager to join the Facebook product partnerships education team who is passionate about ensuring all students have an opportunity to study computer science, especially underrepresented students. This individual will be responsible for supporting Facebook’s partnerships in computer science education, with a primary focus on Facebook’s TechPrep program. TechPrep aims to help parents and guardians and learners explore programming, the jobs available to programmers and the skills required to become one.In this role, you will engage with other computer science and education based companies. In addition to our education partnerships team, we work cross-functionally with diversity, engineering, legal, marketing and operations teams to develop new capabilities, improve user experience, make our partners successful, and improve products offered to our partners in education.
- Identify scalable solutions for continued future growth of TechPrep, particularly focused on helping learners move from initial awareness to becoming experts in computer science.
- Represent TechPrep and Facebook in a variety of public settings, both online and in-person events.
- Track trends in STEM and find opportunities for programmatic growth based on the industry trajectory.
- Gather and analyze user data to develop and implement changes to audience engagement strategies.
- Maintain direct and active relationships with partners, including proactively resolving business and technical issues and serving as an internal advocate.
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders, like partnerships, product, engineering, policy, legal, marketing, and PR to launch incremental computer science education programs and partnerships.
- BA or BS Degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with product, partnership, or technical experience in education with emphasis on computer science.
- Communications skills with an ability to partner with audiences.
- Experience in computer science education.
- Project management skills, with the ability to lead and handle multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional initiatives.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to develop working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside Facebook.
- Experience with executing at scale in sales, marketing, partnership programs, or related areas.
- Analytical experience with an orientation for making decisions.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top