Strategic Partner Manager, Communities
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
For the past decade, Facebook has focused on connecting friends and families. With that foundation, our next focus will be developing the social infrastructure for community – for supporting us, for keeping us safe, for informing us, for civic engagement, and for inclusion of all. We are at the beginning of this journey and are looking for someone who is interested in shaping our strategies through work with external partners. Facebook is seeking an experienced partnership manager who is passionate about the way Facebook can work with a range of partners from businesses, startups, and developers to non-profits, community organization and groups leaders – and is obsessed with technology, social media and business strategy – to build a variety of valuable product experiences for people to become part of such communities.Community Partnerships at Facebook is responsible for establishing and managing strategic relationships with our key partners. You will work with some of the world's best organization and as well as community leaders as well as our world class product and engineering teams. In addition to those teams, you will work cross-functionally with the Policy, Legal, Marketing, PR and the Operations teams to optimize new capabilities, improve user experience, and make our partners successful. A qualified candidate will have a strong passion and curiosity for innovative social products and their potential for transforming communities. This position is located in our MPK office.
- Help drive product strategy through strategic partnerships with community leaders - both people and organizations
- Define market requirements, produce qualitative and quantitative analysis of product performance, aggregate feedback, explore new strategic opportunities, inform the product roadmap with enhanced or new functionality, and ensure product and industry impact in region
- Track, analyze and communicate key quantitative metrics and business trends as they relate to partner relationships
- Represent Facebook in external meetings with influential community leaders
- Maintain direct and active relationships with partners, including proactively resolving technical and policy issues and serving as an internal advocate
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, business development, partnerships, policy, legal, marketing, and PR to launch products and partnerships
- Experience building communities
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with product, partnership, or technical experience in consumer technology companies
- Experience defining, developing and leading projects
- Experience collaborating and building relationship— with the ability to develop working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside Facebook
- Understanding of Facebook Platform and how its products could be leveraged to build community
- Fluency in English
- Willingness and ability to travel 25% of the time
- Fluency in any other language
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top