Strategic Partner development - News, India
(New Delhi, India – Gurgaon, India)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a news media professional to join the News Partnerships team in New Delhi. This role will identify, plan and execute initiatives that build relationship with the India’s leading news organizations. A demonstrated passion for the news industry and how it intersects with technology are musts for this job. The Partnerships team is the external arm of Facebook and works with the world’s largest and most exciting organizations on high-profile projects across the full suite of Facebook Inc. products and solutions.The role will seek an experienced professional to manage and maintain direct relationships with our key media partners & journalists, ensure that these relationships meet the objectives of partners and Facebook, and serve as the primary point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders. The News partnerships team is the face of Facebook to our external relationships with India’s largest media companies, publishers & journalists.
- Manage strategy, implementation and optimization of Facebook’s strategic partnerships with news publishers
- Be a partner to news organizations and journalists in helping with their presence on Facebook and various ways of better engaging with their fans
- Plan and excite partnerships around key events and occasions with news partnersCollaborate with partners to develop innovative and high-impact social integrations, and drive operational management of partnership projects
- Help adoption of tools and products by publishers and journalist for superior user experiences and benefit to partners
- Be an internal advocate within Facebook for partners, including with product teamsWork with relevant internal teams to ensure that Facebook is taking partner input into account in relevant product and policy decisions
- Track, analyze and communicate quantitative metrics and business trends as they relate to partners and their goals
- Proactively resolve issues of partners like verification, fake pages, merger of pages etc.
- MBA/Post Graduate degree with outstanding academic performance
- Proven and solid experience in News/Publishing and/or partner management, with focus on publishing and news and politics
- 12+ years of experience and in-depth understanding of the ecosystem
- Excellent project management experience, with the ability to lead and handle multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects on deadline
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, and the ability to clarify and summarize complex issues
- Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Orientation of digital / product & superior user experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top