Strategic Partner Account Manager - EU Telco's
Facebook brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world.
AR/VR is looking for a Strategic Partner Account Manager to develop and manage the carrier sales channels for AR/VR products, creating and implementing partner specific business plans, negotiating commercial terms, pricing and promotions, monitoring competitor activity and supporting marketing initiatives that deliver sales growth. On a day to day basis this role will work cross-functionally with the Product Management, Business Development, Marketing, Operations, global telco partnerships and Finance teams to develop best in class experience that will help us reach sales goals wth our partners.
The AR/VR team is developing the future of augmented and virtual reality, bringing products to consumers that transform entertainment and social experiences. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense-and we're just getting started. The Facebook hardware sales team is tasked with growing consumer adoption of Virtual and Augmented reality technology working with partners cross functional teams to develop this new exciting category.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
Vacancy posted on: 31.05.2019
Closing date: 30.06.2019
- Define and manage an annual business plan with select operator & retail partners. This encompassing but not limited to key activities to be carried out (i.e., negotiate commercial terms, forecast and volume planning, clearly defined store planning, resource allocations, develop solution selling programs, planned investments from retail partners, etc.)
- Serve as the primary internal and external interface from a day-to-day account management perspective.
- Develop and maintain executive relationships with key retail, operators, distributor, and vendor partners in market.
- Own inventory planning with forecast management for named retailers.
- Manage quarterly Joint Business Plan process.
- Support quarterly MDF allocation and reconciliation process.
- Plan all new product launches in collaboration with marketing and business operations, deliver clear and concise communication and plan to partners
- Provide an objective viewpoint based on an in-depth understanding of commercial and competitive information.
- Collaborate and provide retail expertise to other Facebook teams
- Execute and manage Commercial Strategies (MSRP, MAP Policy, Selected Distribution Criteria, etc).
- Work closely with Operations to implement a CPFR process with retail and distributor partners.
- Achieve monthly/quarterly/annual targets.
- BA/BS in Business or Marketing related field.
- Knowledge of the tech/telco market, industry trends, market conditions, and competitive landscape
- Experience with planning and managing at the strategic and operational level within a carrier sales environment with repeated financial and expansion success
- Proven track record in delivery of sales quotas against business plans.
- 7+ years experience in the DACH region related to Sales, Account Management or Business Development for accounts such as Vodafone, Deutsche Telekom , EE ,...
- 5 years of industry experience in the mobile device space specialized in the carrier channel
- Experience with mobile devices and services in business development or sales in fast paced industry.
- Negotiation experience in retail & distribution agreements
- Ability to manage intense workload with short time frames.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, experience in operators, retail & distribution agreements is essential.
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical sales approach with focus on establishing presence and building relationships with clients within the telecom sector
- Business fluent in English and either German/ French/ Spanish (strong preference for German)
- strong preference for fluent German
Back to top