Storage Manager - Enterprise Engineering
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Storage Manager that is passionate about technology, about solving complex business challenges, and ready to redefine storage services. The ideal candidate will have experience designing and managing infrastructure at scale, tooling and automation for provisioning, monitoring, and managing the environment, and leading a group. This position will be part of the Enterprise Engineering Storage team that creates, implements and supports solutions enabling the company to grow rapidly and connect the world.
- Manage engineers working with our Storage hardware and software engineering teams to build, scale, deploy and support our global internal services infrastructure.
- Help define, and drive regular development of an aggressive technical roadmap to meet the needs of the team, and partner teams
- Technical experience in storage, networking, systems and software
- Operate in a rapidly evolving environment, adapt quickly to new information, re-prioritize as needed
- Manage engineers to strengths, enable, unblock, and grow talent through coaching and technical mentoring
- Pro-actively identify resource needs, participate in recruiting efforts, and hiring to grow the team
- Responsible for people management of a team of 5-7 engineers, providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports.
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Storage, Networking, Systems, and/or Software Engineering experience
- 2+ years experience managing a team of technical individual contributors
- Experience designing and maintaining servers, storage, and network environments
- 4+ years of Linux system administration
- 2+ years Software Engineering or Scripting experience with Python, Perl, Go, or Ruby
- Experience automating device configuration and management.
- Device configuration and administration automation experience
Back to top