Storage Hardware Engineer, Intern
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Hardware Engineer Intern to join our Storage Design Team. Our storage platforms are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. The co-op will work closely with software engineers in the team to develop software that enables our hard drive as well as flash based storage platforms. This position is located in our Menlo Park office.
- Engage vendors to ensure product meets specification
- Assist with bringing up new board designs
- Test designs for functionality and power efficiency
- Work with mechanical teams to ensure proper component cooling in the data center
- Engage software team to ensure application compatibility and performance
- Work with deployments team to ensure smooth product introduction
- Pursuing bachelor's or master's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or related degrees
- Familiar with hardware testing methodologies and have a hands on approach when testing
- Knowledge of Linux
- Communication skills
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2018
- Familiar with server system architecture
- Experience with board design
- Familiar with CAD programs
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top