Stakeholder Engagement Manager, EMEA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a skilled Stakeholder Engagement Manager with experience in government, the public interest sector, or academia to join our Product Policy team. Product Policy is the team that creates policies to govern what people can share on Facebook and how advertisers and third-party developers interact with the site.
As Product Policy Stakeholder Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for understanding the global landscape of Internet-related advocacy groups, academics, think tanks, and governmental and non-organizations. You will help develop a strategy for engaging with these thought leaders in relation to our product policies focusing on EMEA, and Africa in particular . You will monitor our external relationships in key product policy areas and will seek opportunities to build productive alliances with our stakeholders. You will also work with other members of the Product Policy team to improve our policies (our Community Standards, Advertising Policies, and our policy approach to News Feed) based on external feedback.
You will work with a highly talented and experienced team of subject matter experts on product policies for Facebook and Instagram. You will be responsible for understanding both Facebook and Instagram's business priorities, and for helping the team integrate external feedback to serve the company and the people who use our services.
The successful candidate will be an experienced communicator, organizer, and presenter, and will have a detailed understanding of content issues especially in EMEA region. This person will provide insights that contribute to the shaping of Facebook's external relations in EMEA, in relation to our product policies. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.
This is a full-time position located in London.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply: Medical Benefits; Dental Benefits; Vision Benefits; Pension Benefits; Life Assurance; Childcare Benefit; Gym Benefits; Transport benefits; Laundry Benefit.
Posted: 18th June 2019
Closing date: 18th July 2019
- Gather external feedback on Facebook's product policies as part of our policy development process.
- Craft engagement strategies with advocacy groups, academics, think tanks, and governmental and non-organizations in relation to Facebook's product policies.
- Identify key stakeholders and strategic opportunities for external engagement in relation to these policies.
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders who have expertise relating to our product policies.
- Represent Facebook's Product Policy team in external engagements.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams at Facebook to increase transparency around our product policies and our approach to content moderation, including our use of automation.
- Develop tools and metrics for measuring the impact of external engagement in the policy field.
- Bachelor's Degree in law, journalism, policy, international relations, business, corporate social responsibility, or equivalent field
- Fluency in French
- Experience working with governmental or non-governmental organizations relating to policy issues across Africa.
- Experience with project management
- Experience with establishing processes and metrics to measure the success of policy initiatives
- Experience articulating policy positions in external settings
- Experience prioritizing projects and interacting with different levels, both internally and externally
- Post-graduate degree in public policy, communications, law, business, computer science, or related field
- Experience in collaboration between technology companies and the civil sector
- Experience in developing policies for content moderation, internet advertising, or related technology areas
- Experience in local stakeholder engagement initiatives
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top