Sr. NPI Operations Program Manager, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA- style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Supply Chain Team has the responsibility for identifying supply chain solutions that allow Building 8 to deliver products to market at scale. As a key member of the NPI Team, you will be focused on leading projects launching Building 8's high complexity amazing consumer products. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. We believe New Product Introduction is extremely complex and it has to be undertaken by someone who is capable of working in a matrix environment, understanding the needs of all the stakeholders, responsibilities of the collective launch team, and how to succeed in bringing products to mass production on time. This is a full- time position based in our Menlo Park office, and reports to the Head of NPI/Program Management.
- Responsible for working with the Program Management Office and other NPI Program Management in supporting the New Product Introduction process for a project, or projects, in Building 8.
- Interface with Asia Operations and Design Engineering to take product(s) into mass production
- Communicate effectively on the status of open NPI projects using strong communication skills and the Product Development Process
- Timely delivery of new product launches
- Accountable for design control deliverables for the introduction of new products – deliverables such as assembly process documentation, process risk assessments and equipment and process validations.
- Utilize Design for Manufacturing techniques to evaluate & improve upon current designs for future revisions.
- Collaborate on risk analysis documents & exercises such as DFMEA & PFMEA.
- Collaborate with design engineering to incorporate optimal manufacturing methods throughout concept, development & launch phases of NPI's
- Lead project teams to meet targets for quality, delivery & other associated measures
- Organize & facilitate reviews at necessary milestone points
- Engineering project/NPI experience within a manufacturing environment, Lean Experience as it relates to ensuring timely launch with effective processes
- Experience in Microsoft office suite software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and Project
- University BS or MS in Engineering
- Analytical background
- Ability to work within a matrix organization
- Proven project leadership, excellent communications skills.
- Working knowledge of new product qualification and validation requirements for consumer products
- High level of proficiency Microsoft Project and other project tools
- Working knowledge of SPC.
- Experience with and development of work process flow and control plans.
- Experience with 8D or other RCCA tools
- Understanding of overall systems interactions of all electronic and mechanical technologies
- Planning, organization, and leadership skills, including managing global cultural differences.
- Ability & experience interfacing at all levels of the organization, interactions with VP level and above
- Ability to articulate vision and convey a sense of urgency
- Ability & willingness to work in a matrix organization with indirect reporting relationships
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment or relevant supply chain/operations team
- Process engineering and re-engineering skills.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top