Sports Partnerships Lead, APAC
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced executive to lead Sports Partnerships in APAC, with the goal of bringing more great sports content to the community of sports fans on Facebook's platforms, creating more social experiences in sports media, and supporting our partners in a manner that serves their business goals as well as the needs of our community. This person will be a key member of Facebook's Global Sports team and will be responsible for shaping and executing our sports strategy in APAC, spanning partnerships with media, leagues, clubs and athletes. In addition, this person will be responsible for leading our sports video partnership efforts in the region, with an emphasis on live sports and original content, and play an important role in developing and executing our approach to live sports globally.
Ideal candidates for this role will have an extensive understanding of sports industry business objectives; knowledge of current successful uses of social and digital strategies to achieve those objectives; deep expertise in acquiring and distributing live sports rights in the APAC region, exceptional creativity and a track record of identifying and successfully implementing innovative solutions to business problems; substantial experience in the sports industry and relationships to draw upon to build successful partnerships, experience identifying and delivering "best practices" on a scalable basis, a track record of successfully closing business deals and cultivating long-term business partnerships, and great passion about the intersection of sports business and technology. This role also requires close cross-functional collaboration with Facebook's global sports team and colleagues in Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Operations. This position will be based in Singapore.
- Lead partnership strategy, relationships, and key initiatives related to maximizing sports impact in the APAC region
- Lead video partnerships in the APAC region, with an emphasis on live sports and original content
- Help APAC sports partners re-imagine how best to use Facebook to grow and engage their fanbase and drive their business objectives
- Identify partner business objectives and develop innovative solutions utilizing Facebook and its relevant brands (e.g. Instagram, Oculus) that benefit teams, sports fans, and Facebook
- Successfully negotiate business deals and maintain long-term partner relationships
- Own day-to-day partnership relationships and operations with APAC-based sports partners
- Work collaboratively with international colleagues in North America, Asia/Pacific, India, Latin America to support strategic efforts in their region
- Work cross-functionally within Facebook (product, engineering, sales, marketing, operations) to successfully develop and bring integrated solutions to partners
- Identify and collect excellent partner best practices to support scaled outreach
- Work with relevant internal teams to ensure that Facebook is taking partner input into account in relevant product and policy decisions
- Track, analyze and communicate quantitative metrics and business trends as they relate to partners
- BA/BS degree or higher
- MBA or related graduate degree preferred
- 10+ years experience in sports industry in APAC, with a focus on leading content acquisition, development, programming and/or distribution strategies in the sports industry
- Demonstrated expertise and comfort with digital initiatives and partnerships
- Deep understanding of sports ecosystem, including leagues, teams, media, and athletes
- Strong leadership and management experience, with the ability to work independently and cross-functionally to drive multiple time-sensitive, high-priority projects on deadline
- Scheduling & travel flexibility to build relationships with partners and support live events
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to serve as a spokesperson for Facebook
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top