(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly experienced Speechwriter to support communications efforts for facebook senior leadership.
The ideal candidate will have a diverse portfolio of written material that underscores their ability to convey complicated or nuanced topics in simple but elegant prose for a variety of audiences. This candidate should be skilled at visualizing the written communications and working with the creative services team to bring narratives to life.
This individual excels at working collaboratively with executives and colleagues alike and consistently delivers high-quality work even under extreme time constraints.
This position is based in London.
- Work cross-functionally internally and externally to outline and develop impactful speeches and keynote presentations, talking points, narratives and other written materials.
- Internal cross-functional teams include the Communications, Policy, Marketing, Sales, Product, Platform, and Monetization teams on an international scale.
- Externally, this includes working with agencies, conference organisiers, industry associations and with clients on tailored engagements.
- Research and package content from internal and external resources to develop insightful and engaging narratives that fit the authentic style of senior leadership
- Proactively develop industry-leading content for delivery at high profile events.
- Partner with Creative Services team to help develop complementary visuals and videos for speaking engagements and meetings.
- Help refine external meeting content and fine-tune delivery and talking points.
- Work with communication teams to identify and execute on opportunities to distribute appearances and marketing narratives to increase visibility and impact.
- 30% travel
- Track record of developing high profile speeches for senior execs either with large companies, government or communications agencies
- Excellent writing and editing abilities with an authentic style
- Ability to adapt key messaging to the executive style and voice of senior execs
- Proficiency in presentation-building and visualizing the written communications (secondary to writing abilities)
- Proven track record of advancing thought leadership within a relevant field or industry, and ability to consistently deliver deep, original thinking across multiple topics
- Strong project management and decision-making skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with exec team and other cross functional teams
- Self-directed, proactive and energetic
- comfortable working among a nimble team
- Ability to think and communicate strategically across a variety of stakeholders
- Deep understanding and passion for the tech industry is desired but not essential.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the global marketing landscape, with a focus on advertising is an advantage but not essential. This includes understanding the tech industry and the role that facebook plays within this community
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top