Special Projects Project Engineer
(Forest City, NC)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Data Center Special Projects Project Engineer to join our Data Center Engineering & Construction Team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. Building and operating data centers the "right" way is synonymous with ensuring high uptime, capacity availability and capital conservation.The position will be located out of our Forest City, North Carolina Data Center.
- Support Facebook Special Projects Program Manager who manages data center moves/adds as well as other non-standard infrastructure construction projects.
- Develop technical proficiency in the data center space to allow for upward career trajectory at Facebook.
- Work in tandem with Facebook Special Projects Program Manager on contractor, designer, and vendor management.
- Provide input on strategic contracting approach for differing project conditions (design-build, design/bid/build, etc.)
- Provide cost saving solutions and analyze contractor change orders.
- Assist with developing project budgets and providing ROM construction cost estimates.
- Lead the implementation and management of QA/QC procedures.
- Work with Procurement Department on equipment procurement and delivery.
- Provide weekly project status reporting, as required (financial, schedule, Q/C).
- Work alongside Facebook Special Projects Program Manager to manage construction work in a live data center environment.
- Assist in project commissioning and closeout process.
- Coordinate with Facility Operations Engineering Department for project scoping and cost/benefit analysis of potential projects.
- Lead coordination with local site Facility Operations teams and other cross functional departments.
- Champion and implement technological innovations on Facebook construction projects, working with vendors.
- Occasional travel to various Facebook sites (30%).
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree.
- Minimum of (3) years professional experience in construction and project planning.
- Experience with design engineering, facility operations, and construction management.
- Understanding of building systems including mechanical, electrical, and fire protection.
- Understanding of construction specifications, construction drawings, and other project documentation including RFIs, submittals, payment applications, change orders, MOPs, and SOPs.
- Negotiation skills and problem solving mindset.
- Ability to work and travel independently.
- Collaboration skills.
- Experience with MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, AutoCAD, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced degree
- EIT certification
- OSHA training and project safety inspection experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top