Special Projects Outside Plant Fiber Network Project Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Data Center Outside Plant Fiber Network Project Manager to join our Data Center Engineering & Construction Team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. Building and operating data centers the "right" way is synonymous with ensuring high uptime, capacity availability and capital conservation.
- Single point of contact for management of OSP fiber projects to include coordination of design, creation of budgets, creation of schedules, planning and contractor resource assignment and tracking contractor performance to include billing against budget and contract. Manage proposals, SOWs, bids, scope definition, engineering design cycles and design review and approvals and contract closeout.
- Represent Facebook interests in joint build OSP projects
- Manages ROW and permit acquisition process and aggressive deployment schedule of design and construction vendors
- Work with Facebook supply chain to ensure OFCI material availability supports project timelines and is in compliance with design specification
- Provide weekly project status report (financial, schedule, Q/C)
- Provide construction consulting services
- Occasional meeting and coordination with authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs)
- Manage Quality Control program and ensure all closeout documents are obtained and operationalized to include route as builds and GIS data
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree
- Minimum of seven (7) years professional experience in fiber optic network construction, outside plant, telecommunications architecture and optical transport equipment
- Knowledge of construction management, capital budget, and mission critical electrical and mechanical systems
- Knowledge of local US industry standards, building codes and safety standards is necessary
- Negotiation skills and ability to provide solutions to problems under pressure
- Experience in MS Project, Primavera, MS Office products (e.g Word, Excel, and Powerpoint etc.)
- 50% travel to different sites
- Communication skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top