Spam Operations Manager, Community Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on supporting our users through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions, and on improving the health of our products by helping people understand how to use them. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.
Within Community Operations, our Spam Operations teams aim to eliminate commercial spam and scams in order to have a more trustful, engaging place for people to interact. We do this through identifying, counteracting and preventing negative commercial behavior, including large spam attacks, malware and fraud on Facebook and Instagram. Facebook is looking for a people manager to join the Global Spam team.
The role is a full-time position, based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Establish team goals and work with direct reports on strategies for executing, measuring progress and sharing results
- Lead and enable a high-performing team to deliver on goals as they provide superb 1:1 support, enabling deeper and more scalable solutions
- Provide feedback, guidance and career development to a team of spam specialists
- Understand top abuse concerns and other quality or customer insight data, and support your team in making recommendations to improve our product, policies, and procedures to keep the platform safe
- Deliver projects involving quantitative analysis, operational workflow improvements, and improving the user experience
- The role will require tight coordination with global cross-functional teams including Data Science, Product, Engineering and others to prioritize, problem solve, and develop solutions related to spam
- Advocate for users within their market, partnering with global and cross-functional teams to develop global solutions
- 5+ years of experience in an operations, spam, risk/fraud or related environment
- 1+ years of people management experience
- BA/BS degree
- Project management and process-improvement background
- Ability to think strategically using analytical and problem-solving skillsAbility to communicate to a variety of audiences
- Ability to think under pressure, both individually and in team environment
- Experience fighting spam/scam or risk/fraud
- Experience with scripting languages (Unix Shell Scripting, Python)
- Ability to engage in conceptual technical discussions with engineering partners (coding background not necessary, but helpful)
- Analytics skills, with experience solving problems using data and providing practical business insights
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top