Sourcing & Operations Engineering Business Analyst
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Infrastructure Sourcing & Operations Engineering Program Management team designs, implements and continuously evolves systems and processes to support scalability for all aspects of the Sourcing & Operations Engineering (SOE) function. In this role you will work closely with SOE to ensure that our systems and operational programs are accurate, efficient, and scalable as we continue to grow our global footprint and expand impact.We are looking for a technically minded Business Analyst to support Sourcing and Ops Engineering. In this role your primary responsibility through data analytics will be to identify and support opportunities to drive operational improvements that increase efficiency and productivity, and drive business performance. You will partner with program managers to develop best practices for data aggregation, maintaining and creating operational and supply chain models, and analyzing and trending costs and business performance. You will be expected to think critically and process complex data sets and workflows into actionable strategies. Excellent communication and analytical skills are a must. This role is directly aligned to our Sourcing & Operations Engineering team and works cross-functionally with other Infrastructure and Corporate teams. This role reports to the Manager of the Sourcing & Ops Engineering Program Management and is located in Menlo Park, CA.
- Partner with program management to review operational issues and determine if a technology solution is required or a process correction needs to be made
- Conduct business process re-engineering reviews to innovate on business process and define ways to improve their efficiency and effectiveness
- Identify new business models and benefits from enabling new capabilities
- Through data analytics identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices and provide recommendations to prioritize resources in the areas that will deliver the greatest impact
- Gather and assemble data and develop operational and supply chain models to analyze and report sourcing and ops engineering productivity and performance
- Recommend, develop, and implement best practices for reporting, analytics, and generation of key metrics needed to report on the productivity and business performance status for sourcing and ops engineering
- Ability to develop and generate reports as required by business stakeholders
- Assist in preparation of monthly business performance updates and other related analyses, including managing and providing bi-weekly program management project status reports to stakeholders
- Partner with sourcing and ops engineer and IT to qualify, design, build, and implement metrics and other reporting on Tableau
- As required, through cross functional collaboration and partnership, effectively manage projects to deliver tangible and measurable results
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years as a business analyst with strong capabilities in requirement analysis techniques/methodologies, and a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, learn new skillsets, and be able to create an understanding of operational challenges
- Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with focus under pressure
- Proven ability to work independently and results driven
- Communication skills with attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and “roll-up the sleeves” type of collaboration within a diverse, global, cross-functional team
- Must be proactive with proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Independent and thorough in examination and analysis, along with being consensus-building and results-oriented
- Organizational and time management skills
- Resourceful, results orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles
- Demonstrated experience in data collection, modeling and analysis
- Supply Chain/Operations experience
- Experience in using scripting and reporting tools.
- Experience in managing cross-functional projects from requirements gathering to solution implementation
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top