Sourcing Manager, Strategic Silicon Components
- Fremont, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Sourcing Manager for Strategic Silicon Components will act as the primary commercial contact for products and services within the Facebook supply chain focusing on improving cost, sources and assurance of supply and overall supply chain performance. In addition to driving strategic sourcing decisions on a global basis, sourcing activities will include, but are not limited to, identification of technology, assurance of supply and capacity, cost performance, product and service availability and options, developing and leading complex negotiations and sourcing strategies, partnering with Facebook project, engineering and technology teams to develop a business and technology roadmap in support of Facebook's infrastructure goals and objectives.
Working closely with the Hardware Engineering and Architecture teams, the Sourcing Manager will lead the commercial engagement, sourcing and development in support of new product development, introduction and deployment of selected solutions and technologies. The Sourcing Manager will own supplier management with particular emphasis in the areas of material operations, sourcing for advanced technologies, contracts, negotiation, joint development models, IP and software licensing, and the development of global commodity and supply chain strategies that enable Facebook to meet time-to-development/time-to-deployment goals, while managing the total landed cost. This position reports to the Director of Sourcing as part of the Sourcing and Operations Engineering team.
- Lead the contract negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers.
- Develop negotiation strategy and approach, acceptable terms and conditions and lead the Facebook negotiation team through to closure.
- RF-x Services: Own the interface to and lead engagement with suppliers for all RFI, RFP and RFQ activities.
- Present RF-x results and bid leveling, and lead the evaluation process of bid award with evaluation team and drive the closure of a sourcing decision. Officially close the process with all recognized bidders.
- Competitive Benchmarking: Identify key benchmark suppliers in RF-x efforts. Partner to identify evaluation criterion and provide relevant data and recommendations back to internal Facebook team.
- Own and provide market and actual unit and total cost data which feeds into total cost of ownership (TCO) models.
- Drive continuous supplier improvement in purchase price and total cost, including supply chain performance cost.
- Measure, report and action cost improvement as compared to market pricing.
- Supplier development and management: Manage the overall Facebook supplier relationship and lead and coordinate efforts to drive supplier performance improvement in all areas.
- Lead measuring supplier performance, root cause issues and driving improved performance. Own all aspects of supplier performance across Facebook.
- Ensure appropriate levels of strategy, definition and development to the supply chain (physical, financial and information flows) in the areas of design, source, make and deliver have been implemented to support released products.
- Drive all critical operations related to assurance of supply and capacity through accurate demand forecasting, materials management, qualification and reliability management and supply allocation decisions.
- BA/BS or equivalent with 3+ years of supply chain experience.
- 3+ years' experience of Sourcing Management or Supply Chain Management experience in commercial sourcing roles with particular experience in component silicon and other semiconductor products.
- Analytical experience and demonstrated experience influencing and guiding teams to deliver results.
- Experience in improving supply chain and supplier performance, including the use of cost models and objective based performance measures in the semiconductor/memory commodity.
- Experience in contracts and contract negotiations, contract strategy development and execution, with particular emphasis on agreement in the memory commodity space.
- Experience in influencing at all level including senior leadership.
- Strong understanding of complex supply chain operations and process i.e. Forecasting, supplier qualification, allocation management, material/sample management and quality assurance
Back to top