Sourcing Manager, Storage
The Sourcing Manager for Flash Storage devices will act as the primary commercial contact for product and services sourcing within the Facebook supply base while developing new sources of supply as required. Sourcing activities will include, but not be limited to, identification of product and service availability and options, developing and leading negotiation and sourcing strategies, partnering with Facebook project, engineering and technology teams to develop a business and technology roadmap in support of Facebook's infrastructure goals and objectives, and driving strategic sourcing decisions on a global basis.
Working closely with the Engineering Teams, the Flash Storage Sourcing Manager will lead the commercial engagement, prototype sourcing and development in support of new product development and introduction, and deployment of selected solutions and technologies. Will own supplier management with particular emphasis in the areas of sourcing for advanced technologies, contracts, negotiation, joint development models, IP and licensing, and the development of global commodity and supply chain strategies that enable Facebook to meet time-to-development/time-to-production goals, while managing the total landed cost.
This position reports to the Manager of Technologies and Components Sourcing as part of the Sourcing and Operations Engineering team and is based at our Menlo Park office.
SOURCING MANAGER, STORAGE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze the overall supply chain to identify risk and drive resolution to systemic supply chain issues affecting quality, cost, delivery or lead-times.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop and implement strategic sourcing strategies in support of the long-range plans.
- Lead the contract negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers.
- Develop negotiation strategy and approach, acceptable terms and conditions and lead the Facebook negotiation team through to closure.
- RF-x Services: Own the interface to and lead engagement with suppliers for all RFI, RFP and RFQ activities.
- Present RF-x results and bid leveling, and lead the evaluation process of bid award with evaluation team and drive the closure of a sourcing decision. Officially close the process with all recognized bidders.
- Identify key benchmark suppliers in RF-x efforts. Partner to identify evaluation criterion and provide relevant data and recommendations back to internal Facebook team.
- Own and provide should cost and/or market and actual unit and total cost data which feeds into total cost of ownership (TCO) models.
- Drive continuous supplier improvement in purchase price and total cost, including supply chain performance cost.
- Measure, report and action cost improvement as compared to market pricing.
- Supplier development and management: Manage the overall supplier relationship and lead and coordinate efforts to drive supplier performance improvement in all areas.
- Lead measuring supplier performance, root cause issues, and driving improved performance. Own all aspects of supplier performance.
- Ensure appropriate levels of strategy, definition and development to the supply chain (physical, financial and information flows) in the areas of design, source, make and deliver have been implemented to support released products.
- BA/BS in ME, EE, or Supply Chain Management or equivalent years of experience
- 10+ years' experience of Sourcing Management or Supply Chain Management experience in commercial sourcing roles
- Experience in contracts and contract negotiations, and contract strategy development and execution
- Experience working and demonstrated experience influencing stakeholders and business partners
- Demonstrated experience in improving supply chain and supplier performance, including the use of cost models and objective based performance measures in the semiconductor/memory commodity
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top