Sourcing Manager, Network Hardware
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Network Hardware Sourcing Manager will act as the primary commercial contact for product and services sourcing across the Facebook supply base, while developing new sources of supply as required. Sourcing activities will include, but not be limited to, identification of networking product and service availability and options, developing and leading negotiation and sourcing strategies, partnering with Facebook Hardware and Network Engineering teams to develop a business and technology roadmap in support of Facebook’s network hardware and connectivity goals and objectives and driving strategic sourcing decisions on a global basis. Technologies will be centered on OEM and ODM network hardware, supply chain, software and services. Working closely with the Network Hardware and Network Engineering Team, the Network Hardware Sourcing Manager will lead the commercial engagements for prototype sourcing and development in support of new product development and new product introduction. The Sourcing Manager will also be responsible for the deployment of selected solutions and technologies, and supplier management with particular emphasis in the areas of sourcing for advanced technologies. Additionally the Sourcing Manager will be responsible for contracts, negotiations, joint development models, IP, licensing, and the development of global commodity and supply chain strategies to enable Facebook to meet time-to-development/time-to-production goals, while managing the total landed cost. This position reports to the Manager of Network Hardware as part of the Sourcing and Operations Engineering team.
- Contract Strategy and Execution: Lead the contract negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers. Own closure on contract. Develop negotiation approach, fallback positions, acceptable terms and conditions through to closure.
- RF-x Management: Own and lead the supplier interface for all RFI, RFP and RFQ’s. Partner with appropriate internal stakeholders. Present RF-x results and bid leveling, and lead the evaluation process of bid award with evaluation team and drive the closure of a sourcing decision. Officially close the process with all recognized bidders.
- SLA Performance: Measure, manage and improve supplier actual performance against negotiated service level agreements (SLA).
- Competitive Benchmarking: Identify key benchmark suppliers in RF-x efforts. Partner to identify evaluation criteria and provide relevant data and recommendations back to internal Facebook team.
- Cost Modeling: Own and provide industry and actual unit and service cost data which feeds into total cost of ownership (TCO) and RF-x. Drive continual improvement of productivity.
- Supplier survey, audit and qualification: Lead and coordinate efforts to survey, audit, assess and qualify new suppliers.
- Technology Roadmap: Partner with Facebook Hardware Engineering and Network Engineering to coordinate and conduct regular technology and product road map review meeting with suppliers and ensure alignment between supplier technology and services roadmaps and Facebook needs.
- Preferred Supplier Management: Identify, qualify and formalize which suppliers are Facebook preferred suppliers. Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment. Guide sourcing decisions and engagement to the preferred suppliers.
- On time Delivery: Measure, report and action to improve delivery performance.
- Ongoing Cost Productivity: Measure, report and action cost improvement as compared to market pricing and cost models.
- Scorecard Management: Lead measuring supplier performance, root cause issues, and driving improved performance. Own all aspects of supplier performance.
- Supply Chain Model: Ensure appropriate levels of strategy, definition and development to the supply chain (physical, financial and information flows) in the areas of design, source, make and deliver have been implemented to support released products
- BA/BS or equivalent in technical or business related field with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- 10+ years’ experience of progressively Sourcing Management or Supply Chain Management experience in technology sourcing roles (individual contributor or management acceptable).
- Must be analytical and results focused.
- Demonstrated results of improving supply chain and supplier performance, including the use of cost models and objective based performance measures, in both ODM and OEM environments.
- Experience working with and managing Component, Software, Services, OEM and ODM suppliers.
- MS preferred and will differentiate candidates.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top