Sourcing Manager, Network Engineering - APAC
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Sourcing Manager will support the development, implementation and management of APAC strategies to provide the Facebook production network with best in class transport pricing, optimal flexibility & scalability, and unmatched delivery and availability performance along with optimised operation and maintenance arrangements. Working with the regionally based team, and with the Network Engineering Team, the Sourcing Manager will communicate and implement strategies, contracts and pricing with an overall focus on maintaining long term partner relationships and managing total costs of ownership to a minimum. This position reports to the Manager, Network Sourcing and is based in our Hong Kong office.
- Partnership Development: Recommending regional carrier partnership strategies for establishing long term relationships with key vendors and peers. Identifying appropriate partners for new cable projects.
- Network Development: Taking network development plans and working with the team to determine the best way to implement such plans through lease, buy, build analysis.
- Contract Strategy and Execution: Lead the business negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers. Own closure on contracts. Develop negotiation approach, fallback positions, acceptable terms and conditions through to closure with a particular focus on terrestrial fibre.
- Network Optimisation: Work with the team to enhance the network's fitness for purpose through key asset acquisitions or builds.
- Work with internal teams to ensure seamless arrangements are put in place for network management.
- New project development: Initiate and manage new build projects where appropriate.
- O&M management: – optimize O&M as part of the technical and commercial negotiations as well as develop strategies for long term optimisation of O&M costs.
- Develop long term strategic vision and plans for Facebook's network in the APAC region.
- BA/BSc or equivalent in technical or business related field with at least 15 years of relevant experience.
- At least 6 years of Sourcing Management or Supply Chain experience.
- Management experience in network related products and services.
- Willing to travel and work within the APAC region and undertake short-term business trips and medium term assignments to US and Europe as required.
- Knowledge of purchasing, and supply chain processes with particular regard to network, capacity and cable systems.
- Analytical and results focused.
- Business and technical knowledge of networks, their operation and associated performance and cost models.
- Experience in submarine cable O&M arrangements would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable expertise in strategic planning.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top